How to Clean and Maintain Quartz Countertops
Caring for Your Quartz Countertops
Many people choose quartz countertops for their beauty, durability, and reasonable prices. There are many more benefits to using quartz countertops. For example, they have a classy appearance, are low maintenance, and are available in many different colors and patterns. But just because quartz countertops are stain-resistant, it doesn’t mean you can forgo quartz countertop maintenance.
Cleaning your quartz countertops regularly and addressing any stains promptly will ensure they look as good as new for many years to come.
Below is some basic guidance on cleaning and maintaining your quartz countertops the right way.
Best Way to Clean Quartz Countertops
Wipe down the countertop with soap water. It is best to do it daily once you have finished cooking. Regular cleaning and taking care of the spills immediately will ensure the stains do not get stuck to the countertop.
- Remove all the glasses, dishware, and papers from the countertop. There is no need to remove the appliances such as toasters or coffee pots, but ensure you wipe around them at least once a week.
- Get rid of any crumbs using a soft dry cloth.
- Make a cleaning solution of mild dish soap and lukewarm water. Use a sponge to rub the counters using the solution. Ensure that the sponge is damp and not very wet, or else it will leave large amounts of water when you try to use it to wipe the counters.
- For stuck-on grime, allow the soapy water to sit on it for five minutes to soften it up a bit. Do not be too harsh, or it can cause scratches. You can use a putty knife to scrape the stubborn grime if required gently.
- Wipe away all the water using a dry cloth. There should not be any water left on the countertop after the cleaning.
Maintenance Tips for Quartz Countertops
Cleaning your quartz countertop does not only mean removing the immediate dirt and stains. It is only a part of maintaining the shine and durability of your countertop. No matter how expensive your countertop is, without proper maintenance, it will break down eventually.
Avoid Placing Hot Pots and Pans Directly on the Countertop
Too much heat is not good for your quartz countertop as it can discolor the quartz. When placing hot dishes on your countertop, use a trivet or a thick mitt.
Cutting Boards are Your Friends
Even though you may love chopping on your quartz countertop, it is not a wise idea. Always use a cutting board as a protective layer to avoid scratches from your knives or sharp objects.
Use Mild Cleaners
Do not use harsh chemicals to clean the quartz countertop, as they can dull the surface. Oven cleaners and concentrated bleach will damage the quartz surface. Using soapy water or a gentle cleanser to clean your quartz should do the trick.
Quartz countertops are easy to care for, making them an excellent addition to any kitchen. Treat them gently to make them look their best. To know more about how to clean and maintain your quartz countertops, give us a call at 623-606-7610 or send us an email.